Our April cruise opportunity is part of a new D26 initiative to have nearby squadrons collaborate more in on-water activities.
The Beaufort Sail and Power Squadron is hosting a raft up on the Beaufort River on April 11th, rain date April 12th to view the Blue Angels airshow and demonstration.
Blue Angels Raft up - Sailing Directions
The raft up is scheduled for a rendezvous at approx 1000 in the pool just south of R226 in the
Beaufort River (Anchor boats in place between 0900 -0930). This early rendezvous is because
the Air Show is set to start at approx. 1045 and The Blue Angels performance at approx. 1500.
We expect this spot to be very popular with other boaters and somewhat crowded.
Chart 11519 is the reference chart for this cruise. The focus point for the rendezvous is R
226 approx. position L 32-27.34N Lo 080 - 41.24.W
1. If coming from Port Royal Sound proceed north up the Beaufort River, through the Woods
bridge bending to port after Pigeon Point remembering to stay to port of G 229A and
G229. After Fl R 4s 16ft 3M 228 look out for R 226 ahead and to port of the
channel. R226 is close to the mouth of Albergottie Creek.
2. If coming from the Coosaw River direction, sail south on the Beaufort River to the creek
and pick up R 226.
3. BSPS rendezvous communications and rafting instructions will be conducted on channel
#72. Generally, larger boats will anchor, with smaller boats rafting up to them.
4. Approx Tide Prediction(s):
Brickyard Pt / Brickyard Crk
L - 0922 H - 1522
MCAS / Brickyard Crk (btwn Albergottie Crk & Pigeon Pt., Beaufort River)
L - 0914 H -1522
Ft Fremont / Beaufort River
L - 0820 H -1414
5. A chartlet derived from chart 11519 is shown below.
6. Should be a fun day - bring ear plugs!
Click on image to see an enlarged view.
For further information, and to RSVP, contact
(843) 525-6243(h) or (843) 521-3771(c)
or e-mail him at
Please download and complete the
sign-up sheet and forward to Steve by April 7, 2015 if you plan to have your boat in the raft-up.